Dogs smell stinky. It’s just the way they are. The stench is usually worse when they’re wet or really excited, so it can be hard to find a good solution to their stinky problem. But fear not! In this blog post, we will give you tips on how to make your dog smell good and other things you need to know about keeping your pup fresh and clean.
Why Do Dogs Smell Stinky?
Dogs stinks because they have glands that secrete an oily substance called sebum. This secretion is designed to keep their fur moist and shiny, but it can make them stinky in the process. When your dog has a stench coming from their mouth or nose, this could be due to something as common as eating trash or playing outside for too long without being able to cool down. Or if you notice your pet smelly feet after he’s been running around all day in dirt and leaves then his paws are most likely caked with bacteria and fungus spores- which may cause him smell bad!
The more time dogs spend rolling in dead things like carcasses of animals or other deceased creatures, the worse their odor will be. It is important that you bath your dog, brush their teeth, and feed them healthy food in order to help them smell good.
What Can You Do To Make Your Dog Smell Good?
There are many things you can do to help your dog to smell good.
– Give them a bath. You can give your dog a full body wash or just bathe their paws and muzzle if they have stinky feet.
– Brush their teeth to remove any plaque buildup that may be causing bad breath.
– Feed them healthy food which will help keep odor in check (avoid foods like onions, garlic, cabbage, broccoli).
– Clean up after themselves as dogs who are not house trained tend to use the backyard for toilet purposes and this can cause stench. If you notice an unpleasant smell coming from your yard then it is time to clean it! Another trick for stinky yards is sprinkling baking soda on grass to help remove any leftover odor from your dog and other animals.
Dog Hygiene Tips
If you are worried about a stink dog, then it is important to improve your dogs hygiene. You can start off by brushing your dog to help remove any loose hair that is stuck on their coat. Bathing them will also reduce the stench from a dirt and oil coating, as well as removing dead skin cells which cause odor.
– Dogs should be bathed about once every two weeks with shampoo designed for dogs such as oatmeal or tearless shampoos.
– Use a conditioner after bathing to make sure fur stays shiny and healthy looking (avoid human products)
– Make sure you clean thoroughly around face, ears, tail, paws in order to prevent bacteria build up and stinky smells.
– Investing in an undercoat rake ensures shedding won’t create too much mess when having it groomed.
Improving The Diet of Your Dog
Improving the diet of your dog can be a great way to improve the smell of your dog. There are many different commercial foods out there to help make your dog smell better.
First, you need to find what is the best diet for stinky dogs and how often they should be fed this food. However, before changing their diet it’s important that your veterinarian has given the go ahead. This way, if necessary any medical issues can be addressed as well at the same time of switching diets.
It is important to only feed your dog food that is made with healthy and safe ingredients. We talk about the best dog food in our dog breed nutrition guides.