Dogs skittles. It’s a fact, skittles are the best candy in the world and dogs love them. However, can dogs have skittles? That is the question that everyone has been asking themselves when they see their dog eating skittles from under their bed or when they find skittle wrappers all over the floor! Skittles are a great treat for humans but it seems like not so much for our furry friends.
What are skittles?
Skittles are small round candies with a sour or sweet taste. They come in many flavors and colors, skittles can be eaten alone as well as used for baking and cooking such as making skittle cake pops! Some skittles have colorful candy shells to enhance their appearance.
Skittles are well known for their skittle-shaped candies in the rainbow colors of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. They can be eaten alone or as part of an assortment bag containing several different flavors. The skittle is rounded on all sides so that you won’t get skittled when trying to have just one skittle! Skittles also contains real fruit juices which give them their delicious flavor like strawberry juice from strawberries; grape juice from grapes; pear essence from pears etc. In addition to being sweet with tart undertones, its kitty taste might remind you of your childhood making this candy extremely nostalgic.
Are Skittles safe for Dogs to Eat
Are Skittles safe for Dogs to Eat is a question that we get asked quite often here at the skittles company. While skittles are safe for humans and other animals to eat, dogs have been known to be very sick after eating skittles. This is because skittle ingredients aren’t as easy for canines to digest which they don’t need or want in their diet. A few Skittles will probably not harm but too much of them may make your dog ill if he eats them all at once. If your dog should eat skittles by accident, you can induce vomiting to get rid of them.
If he doesn’t vomit within an hour or two after consuming skittles, you’ll want to take him to the nearest emergency veterinary clinic immediately and tell the vet techs that skittle poisoning is suspected. Most dogs are fine if they only ate a few skittles but some may be in danger because of their smaller size compared to other animals like cats who also shouldn’t eat skittles either! Watch out for signs of illness: lethargy (a lack of energy), agitation or hyperactivity, drooling, diarrhea, panting excessively or heavy breathing, seizures which could include trembling twitching on one side of the body, or total loss of use of a limb. If skittles are ingested by your dog, don’t wait for symptoms to show up – act as soon as you realize he has eaten them.
The Possible Risk of Feeding Skittles to Dogs
Dogs love skittles. Even though skittles is candy, it can be dangerous if your dog eats too many skittles.
Skittle contains sugar and citric acid that may cause stomach upset in dogs if they have eaten them for the first time or more than the usual quantity of skittles at once. Furthermore, eating a large amount of skittles might also lead to diarrhea which could develop with vomiting and loss of appetite as well. These symptoms will get worse when you stop feeding your dog with skittles after being fed constantly on this kind of food without knowing any harm done by doing so yet already resulted in other problems like tooth decay due to chewing on those colorful candies frequently before swallowing them.
It is not advisable to feed skittles candy as an occasional treat. It can be dangerous for your dog if you do so, therefore it would be better to avoid feeding skittles altogether even though dogs love these yummy-looking candies that are usually thrown into the crowd during any special events and no one could resist them but watch out! If fed too much skittle regularly or given skittles without knowing the harmful effects of skittles for the first time, there might be possibilities of stomach upset which may lead to diarrhea with vomiting and loss of appetite later followed by tooth decay due to chewing those colorful candies often before swallowing them simultaneously. Skittles never become a part of their daily diet so skittles should not be fed to dogs. It is always better to avoid skittles even though your dog loves them.
Ways to prevent your dog from eating skittle
Ways to prevent skittles from your dog are you worry that skittle is dangerous for dogs because skittles contain sugar and citric acid which may cause stomach upset in dogs if they have eaten them before or more than the usual quantity of skittles at once. Furthermore, eating a large amount of skittles might also lead to diarrhea with vomiting and loss of appetite as well followed by tooth decay due to chewing on those colorful candies frequently before swallowing them.
Therefore it would be better to avoid feeding skittles altogether even though dogs love this yummy-looking candy which is usually thrown into the crowd during any special events no one could resist but watch out. While skittles are not usually poisonous, they can be harmful to dogs. Here are some ways to prevent your dog Skittles:
- Skittles should never become a part of your dog’s daily diet.
- Never leave skittle where he can reach them (i.e., on the counter or in a candy dish)
- Always keep skittle out of his reach and sight; put it somewhere safe like high up cabinet or cupboard
- Be careful that you don’t leave skittles out on the counter or table when no one is looking, either!
- Keep skittles away from dogs as much as possible to prevent it from happening at all. If there are skittles around and he gets into them, pull him away immediately and firmly say “no” (or whatever word you use for “leave it”). Then put the skittle far away from where he can’t get to it anymore. The sooner after ingestion you do this, the better chance of preventing illness.
- Never give candy or gum to dogs under ANY because they contain Xylitol, which can be deadly to dogs.
- Dogs don’t know skittles are bad for them, so you need to take action and prevent skittle ingestion or keep skittles away from your dog as much as possible! If he does get into skittles, make sure that you remove the skittles immediately (as soon as it happens) before more problems arise.